Your Captain Andreas Duswald senior:
Andreas was born on 23. april 1958 in the charming historic town Oberndorf in Austria. As the second son of a building contractor. his earliest years saw him youth, he was fascinated by water sports. Andreas remembers, “I started sailing at the age of 9, and this obsession has stayed with me ever since. I first sailed on the ocean at the age of 15, and was totally thrilled by that experience.”
Andy´s main achievements include:
- 9 x participation in the largest european sailing regatta, the 1.000 sm Ecker cup, of which 7x group winners (1x group second, 1x group third)
- 2 x winner of the blue band (fastest sailing time without a rating score)
- 2 x second in the Ecker cup
- 1 x third in his group in the Austriacup
- 1 x third at the BMW Group Business Cup (Kornaticup)
Fred is our bar manager and helmsman on board of NAUTINESS II. Andreas teached him over the years all that is needed to operated the ship by himself. His goal is now to receive his own skippers license.
Peu is the brilliant chef cook on board. If you find the time to read some reviews on TripAdvisor you will discover that this is not only our own opinion ;-)
Sek is our board mechanic. He studied electrical engineering and computer technologies in Bangkok and is educating himself further since. He is a big win for our team, because he is also very reliable and from our experience we can say that this is extremely important if you have a boat in charter service.